How have we helped?
The funds were raised by 21st Century Leaders, from the sale of Whatever It Takes products.
About the Prince's Trust
The Prince's Trust helps change young lives. Around one in five young people in the UK are not in work, education or training. Youth unemployment costs the UK economy £10 million a day in lost productivity, while youth crime costs £1 billion every year.
The Prince's Trust address this by giving practical and financial support to the young people who need it most. They help develop key skills, confidence and motivation, enabling young people to move into work, education or training.
They run programmes that encourage young people to take responsibility for themselves helping them build the life they choose rather than the one they’ve ended up with:
• The Business Programme provides money and support to help young people start up in business.
• The Team Programme is a 12-week personal development course, offering work experience, qualifications, practical skills, community projects and a residential week.
• Get Intos are short courses offering intensive training and experience in a specific sector to help young people get a job.
• Development Awards are small grants to enable young people to access education, training or work.
• Community Cash Awards are grants to help young people set up a project that will benefit their community.
• xl clubs give 14-16 year olds who are at risk of truanting, exclusion and underachievement a say in their education. They aim to improve attendance, motivation and social skills.
To continue this vital work they need to raise around £1 million every week. They rely upon generous giving and fundraising from a huge variety of people.