How have we helped?
The funds were raised by 21st Century Leaders, from the sale of Whatever It Takes products.
21st Century Leaders' funding helped Anti-Slavery International support key partners that work closely with vulnerable children, specifically focused on the Forced Child Begging Project; to draw attention to the abuse, those who benefit and the reasons it continues to be allowed. Anti-Slavery developed advocacy & actions aimed directly at governments, child beggars & their families, in order to protect & rescue children & to end the practice.
About Anti-Slavery International
Anti-Slavery International, founded in 1839, is the world's oldest international human rights organisation. They work at local, national & international levels to eliminate the system of slavery around the world by:
• Urging governments of countries with slavery to develop and implement measures to end it.
• Lobbying governments and intergovernmental agencies to make slavery a priority issue.
• Supporting research to assess the scale of slavery in order to identify measures to end it.
• Working with local organisations to raise public awareness of slavery.
• Educating the public about the realities of slavery and campaigning for its end.