How have we helped?
The funds were raised by 21st Century Leaders, from the sale of Whatever It Takes products.
About the Burma Campaign
Founded in 1991, the Burma Campaign UK is one of the leading Burma campaign organisations in the world. They play a leading role in raising awareness about the situation in Burma, and pressuring the international community to take action in support of the people of Burma.
• As part of a global campaign, they persuaded the United Nations Security Council to discuss Burma for the first time. The Security Council continues to be engaged on Burma.
• They persuaded the British government to double aid to Burma, and to fund cross- border aid in order to reach ethnic people that the regime doesn't allow aid to be delivered to.
• They have generated thousands of stories about Burma in the media, ensuring the world does not ignore the crisis there.
• They have persuaded many large multi-national companies to end their involvement in Burma.
• They have met with the British Prime Minister, and many other senior politicians around the world, ensuring the message of Burma’s democracy movement is heard by global decision makers.
• They provide support and training to Burmese exile organisations and individuals, building the capacity of people from Burma to speak out and influence the international community.
• They help to coordinate and build Burma campaign groups worldwide, building a strong solidarity movement to help the people of Burma.
• They are a small organisation dependent on public support. They do not receive any government funding.