How have we helped?
21st Century Leaders asked HM Juan Carlos King of Spain to kindly donate an auction prize, at the Saúde Criança Renascer Gala Dinner held at The Governor's Palace in Rio di Janeiro in August 2008. This auction prize fetched R$30,000 (Brazilian Reals) at auction. 50% of the funds raised went to Saúde Criança Renascer see page 1.31 and 50% went to Pro Natura for its work in Brazil. Click here for press from the event.About Pro-Natura Brazil
Pro-Natura International is tackling the social, economic and environmental problems that face rural communities in the Developing World. The aim is to provide viable economic alternatives to those people struggling to make a living from environments in peril.
This is achieved by building local capacity and establishing participative governance, so that the preservation and restoration of natural resources can be linked to local economic success.
Delivering sustainability is a complex challenge and Pro-Natura’s strength lies in the network of in-house and 3rd party experts it can deploy to build the local capacity needed to implement integrated solutions. The network is backed up by an experienced executive management team and a world-class Advisory Board.
• Community and local government development
• Training programs to promote, facilitate & strengthen participatory community development
• Sustainable farming, agro-forestry & sustainable forestry techniques
• Fighting against malnutrition
• Fostering of small & medium sized enterprises and markets to create employment in poor communities
• Cross-border conservation area planning and implementation
• Environmental, social and human impact assessment for ethical investors
• Exploration of forest canopies & biodiversity preservation
• Biomass energy assessment and projects, especially green-charcoal
||Green charcoal for sustainable development